Periodontal Health and Gum Disease
Gum disease is an inflammation of the gums that can progress to affect the jawbone that surrounds and supports your teeth. Gum disease is caused when bacteria is not removed by daily brushing and flossing.
Our dentists can help prevent and treat gum disease in Canberra.
Symptoms of Gum disease
- Swollen, red or bleeding gums
- Gum line that recedes or moves away from the tooth
- Persistent bad breath or bad taste in mouth
- Loose teeth
- Dry mouth
Ways to fix and prevent Gum disease
- Daily brushing and flossing
- Regular 6-12 months scale and clean at our dentist